Please see below letter of support for Terry Bibbans as Go Biz Deputy Director ,Small Business. Note support from associations and small businesses around the state. I also heard yesterday the SF Chamber will be sending their own support letter.
I will be sending this letter out next week and again ask that you consider signing on to this letter or if you prefer write your own letter and send me a copy.
I don’t know when appointment will be made but I will be sending this letter out the end of next week. If you want to add your name and company name please do so in return email.
Yesterday SB 1234[DeLeon] passed the Senate and now will go to the Assembly. Small Business California strongly opposes this bill as it will mandate employers with 50 or more employees to provide a retirement plan for their employees. It provides a defined benefit that can be taken through Cal PERS or can be taken through the private sector. It is the opinion of many that if purchased through Cal PERS this could place a liability to the state if revenue projections are wrong similar to what is happening now with state employees. It also cost millions of dollars according to the Department of Finance.
Thank you to those that responded to my question about the importance of the National debt to small business. If you haven’t had a chance to respond please do so. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the most important issue to small business please let me know how you rank the National debt. I have been asked to pass on results to a number of organizations.
Small Business California
2311 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
May 23, 2012
To: Ms. Sarah Greenseid (Sarah.Greenseid@gov.ca.gov)
Deputy Appointments Secretary
Office of Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr.
RE: Strong Support of Terry Bibbens’s Appointment as GO-BIZ Deputy Director, Small Business
Dear Ms. Greenseid,
On behalf of small business owners and associations, we write to respectfully request the appointment of Terry Bibbens as GO-BIZ Deputy Director, Small Business. We believe that with his vast government experiences and being a previous business owner, he has the knowledge and capability to work with all levels of government and regions to support small businesses of all types. Bibbens will be an extremely effective advocate for the small business community in Governor Brown’s Administration.
Terry Bibbens has demonstrated over 30 years as an effective advocate on behalf of small business before the U.S. Congress, city and county governments, the California legislature and state agencies, and regional and national trade associations. He also has an ability to support women-owned, minority-owned and immigrant-owned small businesses, which are the fastest growing segments of our sector.
Bibbens also brings the unusual trait of bringing a bi-partisan approach and support to this job, which will be helpful in obtaining all members of the small business community to support the Governor’s Administration and in obtaining the support of the legislature on critical legislation. His long advocacy of the importance of small business in job creation and his work to support improved capital formation for our businesses is especially critical at this time in our economic recovery.
With Bibbens’s impressive experiences outlined, we would like to ask for a serious consideration for his appointment of GO-BIZ Deputy Director, Small Business. Please see the list of signatures below who are in support of Terry Bibbens.
• Scott Hauge, President, Small Business California
• Barbara Kasoff, President/CEO, Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
• Sarah De Young, Executive Director, California Association of Competitive Telecommunications Companies (CALTEL)
• James Simonelli, Executive Director, California Metals Coalition
• Jere Glover, Executive Director, Small Business Technology Council (SBTC)
Small Business Owners:
• Scott Hauge, President, CAL Insurance & Associates, Inc
• Ruthie Norton, Senior Vice President, CCI Financial & Insurance Solutions.
• Constance M. John, Ph.D., President, MandalMed, Inc.
• Helga Grayson, CEO, Thinknicity Inc.
• Art Thompson, President, A2ZFX, Inc.
• Alice Thompson, President, Sage Cheshire, Inc.
• Dan Cerf, Owner, SF Party
• Henry Karnilowicz, Owner, Occidental Express
• Cassandra Adams, Principal, Cassandra Adams Architect
• Judi Madden, CFO/GM, Madden Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc.
• Ross Riddle, President, South Coast Shingle Company
• Lee R. Petillon, Partner, Petillon Hiraide & Loomis LLP
• James R. Baird, CEO, Bay Area Development Company
• Gus Koehler, Ph.D., President, Time Structures, Inc.
• Sharon Ascencio, Principal, Ascencio Accounting & Business Services
• Deborah Lardie, CPA, The Lardie Company
• George Salet, President, George Salet Plumbing, Inc.
• Mathieu Palmer, CEO, Clipper Construction, Inc
• Ayub Dhar, CFO, American Loan Masters, Inc.
• Joanne Gomez, Owner, West Bay Counters , Inc
• Janet Hildreth, Owner, Tree Lovers Floors, Inc.
• Joan Von Karvaly, President, Precise Panel Engraving Co., Inc.
• Grace Santana, Owner, Grace Santana Plumbing Contractor, Inc.
• Christopher White, Founder, Active Spectrum, Inc.
• Eric L. Steckel, Principal, BARS + TONE
• Richard Boehl, President, QTE North America, Inc.
• Ralph Barnett, Exec Vice President, Real Estate Lending Division Bridge Bank
• Barry Bochner, CEO, Biolog, Inc.
• Ben Stiegler, CEO, Synertel, Inc.
• Steve Sarver, Founder, SF Soup Co.
• Hank Ryan, Principal, Efficiency Data & Development
• Suzanne Tucker, Owner, Marking Solutions/One Stop Graphics
• Barbara Babow, Independent Contractor
• Sam Gilbert, President, The Pension Forum, Inc.
• David Sahagun, Owner, Pacific Heights Chevron
• John Swan, Senior VP, CompPartners, Inc.
• John Alonso, Owner, Alonso Foods, Inc.
• Culver G Parker, Board Member, CONNECT (USCD)