Before the winter rain storms get under way, take some time to prepare your property and try to protect against damage.
- Check that all the gutters and downspouts are clear of debris, and try to direct the flow of water away from your home or building.
- If you have any broken or downed tree limbs remove them so they do not cause a hazard.
- Even though the storm drain in your immediate vicinity might be your city’s responsibility, take a few minutes to check that it looks clear as well.
- Put away any outside furniture (or holiday decorations) that might be picked up by the wind.
- Make sure you have good, operating flashlights and radios, and that you and your family are prepared to be without power if necessary
- Make sure to charge any electronics, cell phones, laptops etc, so that you have a way to communicate if power or phone lines go down.
- Be safe, try to stay off the roads if possible!
Small Business California
2311 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116