Wednesday, November 21, 2012

D&B/Flow Chart Under Affordable Care Act


You may remember that in previous emails I brought to your attention that the Dunn and Bradstreet Credibility Corporation had contacted me saying that there had been a number of inquiries into my companies credit and that they could help us clear it up if we hired them. I found out that there was no problem with my credit. They taped the conversation without my knowledge .

I sent an email out and many of you also had received these calls and were told that the cost of hiring them would be $400 to $700.

Yesterday I heard from an attorney saying that they had been investigating this company for several months and they have uncovered evidence supporting that the company engages in fraud and unlawful business practices and planned to bring a class action law suit against them.





Please see a Chart entitled Penalties for Employers Not Offering Affordable Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act beginning 2014. Note this is only for businesses with 50 or more employees as smaller business are not required to provide health coverage.. It is not clear to me if it is accurate for employers with 200 or more employees as they will be required to enroll employees in their health plan.



http://healthreform.kff.org/~/media/Files/KHS/Flowcharts/employer__penalty_flowchart_1.pdf



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the time with your family. If you happen to go shopping over the Holidays remember to shop at your local small business.





Scott Hauge

President

Small Business California

2311 Taraval Street

San Francisco, CA 94116

shauge@cal-insure.com

415-680-2188

















No comments: