Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Small Business California

Yesterday I sent you the link to Small Business California press release requesting Dr Winslow Sargeant head of Office of Advocacy at the SBA to do research on what banks are doing as respects lending to small business.

I am pleased to tell you that Dr Sargaent called me yesterday and let me know that they were in the process of getting this done and it should be done in two to three weeks.

He said the report will be for 2009 and they will also be doing a report for 2010 early next year.

When the report is done I will send to you.

While I had Dr Sargaent on the phone I also requested that he look into why the SBA has not designated a person to meet the requirements required under the energy bills of 2007 and 2005.

These bills required the SBA to work with government agencies in developing energy policies that will help small business. One policy mentioned in the energy bill was assistance in developing On Bill Financing around the country which Small Business California has brought to California.

Scott Hauge
President
Small Business California
2311 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
shauge@cal-insure.com
415-680-2188

No comments: