Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Emails About Big Banks

I have really been blown away by the responses I have received to my emails about big banks in general and Bank of America specifically.

In the last two days I have received well over 100 emails. The horror stories of banks pulling lines of credit, calling in loans, 30% interest on credit cards and banks cashing larger checks so they can increase the amount of fees they can charge on smaller checks are just a few of the things you have told me.


I welcome further comments including those of you that are being treated well by your bank.


The reason for this email is however to let you know that Small Business California is going to be sending a letter today to the SBA Office of Advocacy supporting their doing research into the actions of banks and their treatment of small businesses. Jere Glover the Advocate under the Clinton administration did this and it had an impact in the way banks dealt with their small business customers.

I will cite examples that you have provided me.

Scott Hauge
President
Small Business California
2311 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
shauge@cal-insure.com
415-680-2188

No comments: