Thursday, April 29, 2010

1099 Requirements and Small Business

Small business traditionally has not been involved in the legislative process. This drives me crazy but when I ask why, you tell me you are to busy and the issue doesn’t affect you.

While I think this is wrong and we get hurt by legislation consistently, we now have an issue that effects almost every small business in this country.

I have sent out emails telling you about 1099 requirements under the new health care bill. These take affect in 2012 . If you think it doesn’t impact you you are wrong.

For my business, I currently send out 25 1099s. The new requirement will have me send out about 700.

I send out a challenge to you.. This email goes to 4000 small businesses. I don’t think there is a single one of you that won’t be impacted by this provision in the health bill.

If you think you re not impacted let me know. I will personally pay you $100 and let all on the email know how many of you have shown I am wrong. My only caveat to this is if you feel this may reduce competition from the underground economy this is not quantifiable and will not be considered.

However feel free to send this to anyone you want and my offer stands to them.

I am grandstanding I know but this is serious. I am being told we can’t win this battle and that is probably right.

Do you want Small Business California to fight the fight and will you join us?

Scott Hauge
President
Small Business California
2311 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
415-680-2188
shauge@cal-insure.com

No comments: