Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Regional Administrator/ Reporter Request

I hope you all had a great weekend. Last week Elizabeth Echols was named to be the Regional Director of District 9. She has deep roots in the Democratic party and currently heads up the US Green Building Council. I do not know her but Small Business California plans to hold a reception for her after labor day. I hope those of you in the Bay Area can attend.

For those of you in the LA area please see request of Sharon Bernstein of the LA Times. If you are in the LA and have been putting off hiring someone please give her a call this morning. If you call please let me know.

For those of you outside LA I would also like to hear from you if you are in this situation. Is it because you don’t think the consumer demand picture is clear, you can’t get capital, you can’t find qualified people or is there some other reason.


Scott Hauge
President
Small Business California
2311 Taraval Street
San Francisco, CA 94116
shauge@cal-insure.com
415-680-2188


Hi Scott,

I need to speak to a couple of small business owners who would like to hire people but are putting it off. For a deadline story Wednesday morning. Do you think you might ask your members? I’m at 213-280-0706 (my cell.) It’s for a story on data showing a slowdown in small business hiring.

Sharon Bernstein
Staff Writer/Assistant Business Editor
Los Angeles Times
202 W. First Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
213-237-7962 phone
213-237-4712 fax
sharon.bernstein@latimes.com

No comments: